Sunday, July 28, 2013

Responsibilities in the role of a company secretary


With the significant increase in the economy since about a decade, there has been a growing demand in certain designations of various companies growing up. With government policies stating to have a secretary in a company is mandatory, many people aim to acquire that spot. With always having an interest in that designation which is one of the top level positions in a company, I molded my career in such a way that I have landed myself becoming a successful company secretary over the years. But still the excitement for work prevails. Having the responsibility of representing my company to the outside world and the opportunity of interacting with both the board of esteemed directors as well as my company itself, I feel it’s an honorary position to hold in a company. Whether my company is adhering to all the government laws and legal structures is one of my main duties in the organization. Guiding the chairman and other esteemed personalities in my company is a feeling of respect. It’s my duty to comply with the corporate government regulations under the companies act and rules. 
Formation, promotion of companies and other related matters and incorporation of companies are my duties which I perform. I have also been assigned with the job of maintaining secretarial records and registers along with organizing and arranging board and general meetings and looking over the meetings as well as preparing the documents and issues to be discussed in the meetings. I have been conferred with the rights of putting my signature on the final accounts and the annual reports as well as looking into the secretarial audit. It’s always a pleasure to advise companies on legal aspects as well as the procedural aspects and drafting and signing of the legal documents and formation and organization of the subsidiary words.
With the title of spokesperson conferred to me by the company, I have the responsibility of representing my company before the Company Law Board. Maintaining the company records is what I feel the most difficult part of my designation. I have been assigned with the rights to preside and declare the board meetings and handle the matters based on the public issues. Representing my company, I am responsible for the public issues and the results of the company. I am responsible to ensure that the company board meetings occur smoothly and also I am responsible for the transfer of the important information to the important people. Issuing the notices and the results of the board meetings are one the activities that I perform and ensuring the safe custody of company seal and share transfers are among the other functions that are under my designation. One of the major things I have found out while serving as a company secretary is that one needs to be completely fit and enthusiastic so as to preside in all the company meetings that take place otherwise that disrupts the smooth flow in the working of the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment